Sunday, July 18, 2010

GROUND RULES & THE FASHION EVENT THAT FOLLOWS THEM

So far, so good! I have successfully gone 3 weeks without buying a stitch of clothing. Yes, there have been temptations. In fact, there was one major (major!) temptation; the Spring/Summer Sale event* at designer Eva Franco’s studio in downtown LA this past weekend. Eva Franco is one of my favorite designers for her fabrics, style and fit. Her clothes are amazing for all occasions and I knew a sale at her studio (where she has EVERYTHING) would be too risky for my experiment. Sorry Eva!


*side note: Soignee Personal Shopping will be hosting a Fall Sale Event at Eva Franco and you’re all invited! www.evafranco.com


I’ve established some ground rules for myself for these next 5 ¾ months . . .


Obviously I can’t go on for 6 whole months with absolutely no new wardrobe updates. So, I’m not buying any clothes – no event dresses, no new sweaters come winter, no new jeans, etc. However, I am not denying myself shoes and accessories. Come on, I have to! Not buying clothes for 6 months is huge for me. Because I am very much into style, I still want to be able to update my wardrobe, so I'm allowing myself to purchase shoes and accessories. I might die without these.


And, on Monday, July 19th, there is an event that is tailor-made for me! Think Thru Fashion’s Accessory Swap promises to be an amazing fashion experience. I won’t be able to stock up in the Michael Stars pop-up shop, but I will hopefully swap out some of my accessories for some new & fabulous ones. www.thinkthrufashion.com 


Now, what accessories should I bring to give away? I’m thinking that I’ll bring some sunglasses that didn’t turn out to fit my face as well as I thought. Also, I do have this really cool black necklace made of large baubles. It’s rad, but I’m willing to part with it. I won’t be able to part with any of my scarves, so I’m thinking a couple pairs of sunglasses and the black bauble necklace.


I’ll be covering the TTFashion Swap for Soignee-LA, so stay tuned for a full report!

3 comments:

  1. NO WAY! I looooved your idea of no shopping for an entire 6 months. What an accomplishment if you can stick to it. But seriously....shoes and accessories are very much part of "shopping" and can be a major purchase!! Cut them out - c'mon, you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't say i support the shoe buying bit, but exchanges sound like a good way to get through this. it's technically not buying anything if there's no money (paper or plastic) involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you guys are onto something! (oh, the pressure!) I can't make any sworn-in-blood promises, but I will try very, very hard to only buy shoes/accessories if absolutely necessary.

    ReplyDelete