Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Summer Necessities

Here's what Soignee is really into for summer . . .

1. Fun, fun, fun prints! I'm in love with the whimsy of stars, hearts, and polka-dots. They make me think of a favorite sweater of mine that I had when I was in the 4th grade; it had a stripe of rainbow hearts across the chest and I adored it. Now that I'm (a little bit) older, I'm still loving the concept, but light, modern, sexy/flirty.

Hearts Galore








2. Leggings are hanging in there and all I can say is Thank God. I am so grateful for my leggings - black and gray are my staples. They are so comfortable, so slimming, and totally work with nearly everything in my closet!

3. I have never loved a brooch until I saw this Tiffany:   Now, this is an investment ($8400!) but imagine your granddaughter's eyes welling up as you pass this gorgeous piece onto her; probably at her wedding. A treasure.








5. Baggy jean shorts. I'm super excited about a DIY project that I'm about to embark on (before & after photos soon!) I obtained a free pair of Levi's that are too big, but will make for really awesome baggy jean shorts for the summer. I'm going to break out the rubberbands and a bucket of Clorox and create my own tie-dyed denim! Nothing better than virtually free fashion . . .

This is what I'm copying. Pretty cool!

6. A maxi dress is seriously, the most flattering thing you can put on. They cover so much of what most of us want covered! You know, tummy, hips, thighs . . . You'll look taller and thinner - what's not to like? Pair them with a great pair of wedges (add height!) and you're good to go for brunch, shopping, or even an outdoor wedding. Got this beauty from Piperlime:



7. And, speaking of wedges, get some! A wedge sandal in a gorgeous soft leather will serve you well with dresses, shorts and business wear. I LOVE these:

HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment